Inland Container Depot (ICD) with direct road links to all the Emirates.
Strategically located midway between the East-West trade lane.
Serves the needs of Hamriyah Free Zone and Sharjah Airport Free Zone companies.
Excellent shipping links to all corners of the globe.
Convenient access to a consumer base in excess of 1.2 billion.
In-House stevedores, Pilots, Tug crew.
High productivity resulting in quick turnaround of vessels
Range of facilities
Thirty Three multi purpose berths in all
Handle all kinds
Sharjah Ports is at the forefront of economic activity in Sharjah and is the key gateway for international trade. Sharjah offers unique feature among ports being the only Emirate to have ports in both the coasts of UAE giving it a strategic advantage which benefits not just the Emirate of Sharjah but the entire UAE.
Our ports are renowned for their efficiency and productivity. According to a global productivity report conducted by the Journal of Commerce in the US, the Khorfakkan Container Terminal (KCT) is the top performing port facility in Europe, the Middle East region and Africa, with a 91.6 berth productivity rate, ahead of other ports in the region.
With virtually all the top container shipping lines offering service to our ports through direct service or via feeder service we are connected to all parts of the globe. While Khorfakkan port is predominantly container handling facility, Port Khalid and Hamriyah ports are multi-purpose facilities capable of handling all kinds of cargoes such as containers, break bulk, project cargoes, dry bulk, liquid, roro and passenger.
Shipping and global trade is going through challenging times and we are stepping up to the challenge through close co-ordination with our customers, listening to their requirements and offering the best services through efficient operations.
Our vision is to sustain a distinguished regional economy by adopting continuous development of plans and policies with the co-operation of the private and public sectors.
Develop a culture of excellence within Sharjah Ports to deliver professional, efficient and quality service with impeccable integrity and reliability while exceeding customer expectation and to be the chosen port of call in the UAE. Our endeavor is to develop the ideal administration for Sharjah Seaports to strengthen the economy and living standards in the region.
Excellence though innovation.
We constantly strive to innovate on our service delivery to satisfy the customer.
Growth and Expansion.
Port Operations are regularly experiencing an upward trend in terms of cargo volume, productivity, modernization of equipment and market reach on a global scale. Sharjah Ports play a vital role in the economy of the region.
Customer Centric Approach.
All innovations are customer centric and brought in action to exceed customer satisfaction.
We see our customers as partners and work on creating a positive environment and offer an array of exceptional services to achieve a superior customer experience.
-Controlling the movement of vessels arriving or leaving the ports within the Emirate of Sharjah.
-Vessel pilotage services.
-Loading and unloading of various cargo to/from vessels.
- To build up effective organizational system which is fully able to deal with available data and can avoid problems in due time and sustain operations.
- To provide high quality services that can fulfill the needs of customers.
- To improve the skills of the employees through training and incentives.
- To improve the working environment for all employees and other related people to make it safe and healthy.
- Apply all legal, local and Federal regulations and laws in addition to ISO9001, the International Standards for Quality Management Systems, ISO14001 international standard which specifies the requirements of an environmental management system and Safety and OHSAS 18001 occupational health and safety management system specification.
- Preserving the environment through:
o Controlling the factors affecting on the environment that may accompany different activities.
o Practicing sustainable ways to preserve and exploit the natural resources.
o Pollution control.
- Provide, apply and review the objectives and policy of the quality management, environment, safety and occupational health which is announced and circulated to all departments of the Sharjah Seaports Authority.
- This policy is highly supported by the senior management of the Sharjah Seaports Authority. This policy declaration will be available to all employees and other concerned authorities.